Monday, April 27, 2009

Support group anyone?

So, apparently grief takes a while to pass. Shit…

I met with a Burque friend today who is in the bay area for few.  She, like me, is grieving the loss of a relationship. She has been through the ringer with her guy, with more than a heaping helping of pain and drama. And the back and forth keeps lingering on.

It all sounded much too familiar, and was somehow comforting in that regard. I realize I’m not the only one in the world struggling through post-relationship grief, but it’s often easy to think that I am, in my current state of isolation. An encounter with a fellow griever was very helpful.

Perhaps I should seek out more of that… A support group of sorts? Something like My Lover Left Me For Another’s Anonymous (MLLMFAA), or Unhealthy Relationship Addicts Anonymous (URAA). Hmm… I’m liking this idea…

Still looking for a mantra…

No comments:

Post a Comment